Spotify Creates "Presidents Of Playlists" Position For Obama
Last week President Obama commented that he’s “still waiting for his job at Spotify” to former Swedish ambassador Mark Brzezinzki and his wife Natalia Brzezinski; and today Spotify founder Daniel Ek tweeted to POTUS a very unique job opening for a “President of Playlists” at the music streamer.
“I loved visiting you in Stockholm, it was my favorite trip,” President Obama said during a White House reception last week. “I plan to go back there really soon… I’m still waiting for my job at Spotify… Cuz’ I know y’all loved my playlist.”.
Now, Spotify founder Daniel Ek has responded.
— Daniel Ek (@eldsjal) January 9, 2017
The Spotify President Of Playlists job listing:
Spotify is growing globally, and we are now looking for a President of Playlists. In this position you will be overseeing our music curation and playlists team, across offices around the world.
Spotify started in Sweden in 2006, but we’re now in over 60 countries and counting. As an organization, we are full of hope, and always open to change.
What you’ll do:
- Provide world-class leadership to our playlist editors and supporting staff.
- Identify and substantiate new playlist ideas, e.g. from a playlist for shooting hoops with your friends, to the perfect warm up playlist for addressing the nation about health care legislation that bears your name.
- Analyze data and performance of playlists in a clear and transparent manner using all available intelligence. Attend daily briefings.
- Celebrate our diversity of playlists, from Viva Latino (3.4 million followers) to Rap Caviar (5.3 million followers).
Who you are:
- Have at least eight years experience running a highly-regarded nation.
- Familiar with the Spotify platform, with experience in programming playlists at a federal level. Anything from an eclectic summer playlist, to a celebratory, “I just found my birth certificate” playlist.
- Have good relationships with a wide range of artists and musicians. Ever had Kendrick Lamar play at your birthday bash? We’d love to hear about it!
- Can speak passionately about playlists at press events. Let us be clear, you should be nothing short of one of the greatest speakers of all time.
- A keen attention to detail and consistency. Able to work closely with other departments, so playlists can hold up to public scrutiny.
- Someone with good team spirit, excellent work ethic, a friendly and warm attitude, and a Nobel Peace Prize.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination.
It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from, what you look like, or what music you love. We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background, lead to a better environment for everyone. We value this and encourage you to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.