Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/isumediaadmin/public_html/wp-content/themes/magpress/functions/template-helpers.php on line 452
ReverbNation Launches Lower Cost ‘Select Distribution’ [UPDATED]
ReverbNation has quietly cut prices and launched Select Distribution, a revamped indie music distribution service. With Select, artists get flat fee distribution on the 6 download and streaming services of their choice for $1 per track and $9 per album (up to 100 tracks) per year. Creators keep 100% of the income received.
The approach is designed to compete with higher profile rivals like Tunecore, CD Baby and DistroKid.
Does it make sense for artists to only be available on 6 services?
Almost 75% of global streams come from Spotify, Apple and Amazon; and that number is even higher in the US. The top 6 streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple, Google, YouTube, Deezer, Rhapsody) account for somewhere around 95% of global streaming revenue. So, $9 per album for 95% of the global streaming market would seem like a great deal. But this top 6 does not include specialty sites important to many artists like Beatport or regionally popular services like Saavan important to others.
In an age of fractured music discovery and consumption shouldn’t an artist be available everywhere it can be?
How ReverbNation’s New Pricing Compares To Top Competitors
Note – all plans Offer some additional services.
- Per Track – $1 per year for for 6 selected services/$9.99 per year for all services
- Per Album – $9 per year for for 6 selected services/$19.99 per year for all services
- Both plans are flat fee, no commission
- ReverbNation lists about 20 total digital distribution partners
- Per Track – $9.99 per year for all services
- Per Album – $29.99 per year for all services for the first year, $49.99 per year thereafter.
- Flat fee, no commision
- Tuncore lists 150 digital distribution partners
- Per Track Standard Plan – $9.95 with no annual fee and includes opt-in YouTube monetization and select physical distribution**
- Per Album Standard Plan -$49 with no annual fee and includes opt-in YouTube monetization and select physical distribution**
- Per Track Pro Plan – $34.95 adds music publishing administration and collection**
- Per Album Pro Plan – $89 per single adds music publishing administration and collection**
- CD Baby also offers frequent discounts on all plans (current code: 20YEARSPRO)
- **All the above CD Baby plans have no annual fee but are plus a 9% commission
- The CD Baby Free option charges no annual or setup fee in exchange for 15% of sales
- CDBaby lists 95+ digital distribution partners
- Unlimited Tracks and Albums – $19.99 per year
- Flat fee, no commission
- DistroKid lists 150+ digital distribution partners